Managers and staff who need strategies for dealing with stress in the workplace.
Identify stress in the workplace and potential solutions
Develop a capacity for and resistance to stress
Practice physical, cognitive and interpersonal stress management techniques
Effective problem solving
Managing conflict and change
WHAT IS STRESS?
• The Effect of Stress on Physical Health and Well-being
• How much Stress is too much Stress?
• Where does Stress Come from?
• What are the Common Signs of Stress?
• What Type of People are more Prone to Stress?
• What can you do to Minimise Stress at Work?
HOW CAN WE MANAGE STRESS BETTER?
• Become aware of your stressors, and your emotional and physical reactions to them
• Recognise what you can change
• Reduce your emotional reactions to stress
• Learn to moderate your physical reactions to stress
• Build your physical reserves
• Develop healthy eating habits
• Maintain your emotional reserves
• Develop stress reduction techniques to help manage stress
OTHER STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING STRESS
• Time Management
• Communicating Effectively
• Breathing Exercises
• Guided relaxation and visualisation techniques
• Progressive muscle relaxation
• Immediate stress reduction
• Relaxation therapy
• Problem solving
• Modify your behaviour
• Handle your anger
• Think positively
• Learn to say ‘No’